Disclaimers of Warranties and Limitations on Liability.
This site is provided to you on an “as is” basis. Lake Shore UMC makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this site or to the information contained therein. This includes, but is not limited to, the text, graphics, audio, icons, buttons, images, and products contained on this site. Lake Shore UMC fully disclaims, to the full extent permissible under applicable law, all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Lake Shore UMC, nor any other person or entity involved in creating, producing or delivering this site, shall not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages. This limitation of liability applies without limitation to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortuous behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action. Lake Shore UMC also assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in this site, or of your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from this site. Lake Shore UMC assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of this site, as well as any off-site pages or additional sites linked to this site, for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained therein. Lake Shore UMC will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing the disclosure of the identity of any person positing any such information or materials.
Accuracy of Web Sites Including Future Revisions.
Lake Shore UMC uses reasonable efforts to include accurate, up-to-date information on this site. The Lake Shore UMC makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Lake Shore UMC assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. Lake Shore UMC neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials on this site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Lake Shore UMC.
As a courtesy to you, this site offers links to other websites. Some of these sites may be affiliated with the Lake Shore UMC, while others are not. Lake Shore UMC has not reviewed all of the sites nor the entirety of any single site linked to and from this site and is not responsible for the contents of any off-site pages. Visiting any off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
DO NOT SEND ANY CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION TO THIS SITE. Any communication or material that you transmit to this site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Furthermore, you agree that such information is non-confidential and non-proprietary. Therefore, anything that you transmit or post to this site may be used by the Lake Shore UMC or its affiliates for any purpose, including, but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, Lake Shore UMC is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to this site for any purpose whatsoever.
Dealing with Advertisers or Other Third Parties.
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions or contests of, advertisers or other third parties (which are entities other than Lake Shore UMC) found on or through this site, including payment and delivery of related goods and services together with any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and that advertiser or third party. You agree that the Lake Shore UMC shall not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers or third parties on this site.
You understand that you are the sole person that is responsible for any and all information that you post, upload, email or transmit to or from this site, including, but not limited to, all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, audio, messages, or other material. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane materials or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise
violate any law. You are prohibited from collecting or storing personal information about other users and from stalking or harassing another. Furthermore, you are prohibited from engaging in any conduct that is harmful to minors in any way.
All interactive communications (email, chat, discussion forums, etc.) even though intended for a private audience, are subject to public access. Although we reserve the right to remove without notice any postings for any reason, we have no obligation to delete content that you may find objectionable or offensive. Information and opinions expressed in posts to this site or other interactive communications are not necessarily those of Lake Shore UMC, The United Methodist Church or United Methodist Communications. Users alone are responsible for the contents of the messages and materials posted when using our services as well as the consequences of any such messages or materials.
Notwithstanding, you agree not to use the Online Learning Center to:
• upload, publish, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, infringing, tortuous, profane, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic or sexually explicit, indecent, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable to Lake Shore UMC;
• upload, publish, post, email, transmit, distribute, disseminate or otherwise make available content that violates laws or regulations designed to protect minors;
• impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, Lake Shore UMC Site Administrator, its forum leaders, guides or hosts, of falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
• forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through Lake Shore UMC;
• upload, publish, post, email, transmit, distribute, disseminate or otherwise make available any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
• upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy and publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents;
• upload, publish, post, email, transmit, distribute, disseminate or otherwise make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary right ("Rights") of any party;
• upload, publish, post, email, transmit, distribute, disseminate or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, surveys, contests or any other form of solicitation;
• advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any personal or business purpose, unless the Online Learning Center specifically allows such messages;
• intentionally upload, publish, post, email, transmit, distribute, disseminate or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware on telecommunications equipment;
• disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to scroll faster than other users of Lake Shore UMC are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
• interfere with or disrupt Lake Shore UMC or servers or networks connected to Lake Shore UMC, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to Lake Shore UMC;
• intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
• defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others; or
• harvest, collect or store information about others, including email addresses, without their consent.
Personal information and interactive features.
What type of information Lake Shore UMC collect?
Lake Shore UMC collects two different types of information. One type is voluntary information, which you provide, such as information relating to concerns or prayer requests. The other type of information Lake Shore UMC collects is user information provided by your computer each time you visit this site. The information Lake Shore UMC collects helps us to provide information and service to you. We may combine information from other sources with the information that we collect.
What does Lake Shore UMC do with the information that is collected?
Any information that you provide to Lake Shore UMC or that is obtained through this site may be used for church purposes. We may disclose your information to related or affiliated entities or to other church agencies for church purposes, but we will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to commercial entities. Any information that Lake Shore UMC may disclose to third parties (other than sister agencies) will only be released in the aggregate and will not contain any personally identifiable information. Aggregate information is useful for church statistics and marketing purposes. Lake Shore UMC will not otherwise disclose your name, address, email address or phone number without your express consent, unless disclosure is necessary to comply with laws or relevant legal proceedings. Lake Shore UMC or other church agencies may offer services to you such as chat rooms, message boards, or other similar discussion forums. Please be aware that any information you divulge in these arenas is deemed public information and is not protected.
What are cookies, and how are they used?
How does linking to other sites affect my privacy protections?
How does Lake Shore UMC protect the privacy of children?
Lake Shore UMC is committed to protecting the privacy and safety of children. Lake Shore UMC does not knowingly accept personally identifiable information from children who are under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. If you have any questions or concerns about the protection of children’s privacy, or if parents wish to deny consent and request that Lake Shore UMC delete their child’s information, please contact us via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lake Shore UMC reserves the right to change or amend this policy.
Your affirmative consent to the Lake Shore UMC’s collection and use of personally identifiable information.
By using Lake Shore UMC site, you are giving us your express consent to use the information that we collect about you in the manner described in this policy.
Questions or concerns?